What stands out
- Control the robot using your smartphone and set it to clean anytime from anywhere!
- Switches between hard floors and carpets automatically
- Slim profile - cleans under tables, beds and other hard to reach places
- Built-in sensors to avoid bumping into furniture and falling down the stairs
- Automatically returns to its Home Base to recharge if the battery gets low
- The robot's powerful suction and 3 stage cleaning system even picks up pet hair
- Includes a FREE dual wall barrier to keep it in areas you want cleaning, and out of areas you don't
Imagine coming home to a clean house where the vacuuming has already been done for you.. it's the stuff of dreams! Well, not anymore, thanks to this clever little cleaner. It comes with built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which means you can set it to clean as and when you want using your smartphone - anytime, anywhere! It comes in handy if you've invited friends over after work but forgotten to clean the house. Simply use the iRobot app to vacuum the house before you and your guests arrive back home. The app also lets you check the cleaning status of your room and set cleaning schedules up to 7 times a week.
The robot is fitted with Roomba's patented 3-stage cleaning technology, which removes dirt, dust, and even those entrenched pet hairs from pretty much any surface - wood, carpet, tile, vinyl and lino, whilst adjusting to different floor types all by itself. Plus, thanks to its compact design and spinning side brush, the robot is great for cleaning under chairs, beds, and along wall edges too, leaving nowhere for the dirt to hide! It'll even clean the air you breathe too thanks to its pre-installed filters, which works to capture 99% of airborne allergens including dust and pollen. Best of all, you don't have to worry about recharging the robot - that's because it does it all by itself! It automatically returns to its Home Base to recharge in-between cleaning cycles until it gets the job done.
If there's an area or room that you'd like to keep the Roomba from cleaning then you'll be happy to hear that this model comes bundled with a dual wall barrier that does just the thing. It offers two modes: wall and halo. The virtual wall mode creates an invisible barrier that prevents the robot from passing through, making it ideal for doors frames. The Halo barrier on the other hand creates an invisible circular zone that's great for protecting specific items like a dog bowl or that expensive vase.
It's loaded with a full range of sensors to find its way around your room whilst avoiding things like stairs, furniture and any loose cables. Plus, this model comes with a sensor that even detects dirt, so the robot knows to spend a little longer cleaning in areas with a lot of dirt until it's all gone. And, when the bin gets full, the robot vac will let you know it’s time to empty it with a flashing bin icon on the display. The bin is really easy to empty without getting dust everywhere - Simply push the bin release tab, take out the dust canister and empty its contents into your house bin.
- Flat floor types: Hard floor / short pile carpets
- Bagless technology: Yes
- Dimensions: Diameter 35.3 x H 9.2cm
- Weight: 3.8Kg
- Charge time: 3 hours
- 2 Year manufacturer warranty
What's in the box
- 1 x iRobot® Roomba® 896
- 1 x home Base™
- 1 x Rechargeable Battery
- 1 x iRobot® dual mode virtual wall barrier
- 1 x Extra filter
- 1 x Cleaning tool
- Captures dust, dirt and pet hair on all floor types
- Patented 3-stage cleaning process
- Easy to set up and use
- Simple app lets you schedule and monitor usage
- Schedule cleaning up to seven times per week
- Cleans under furniture and into corners and wall edges
- Avoids stairs and other drop-offs
- Automatically returns to its Home Base® to recharge