What stands out
- You'll be able to make healthy snack alternatives like kale and beetroot crisps
- You can preserve foods fresh qualities and extend the shelf life, you'll end up wasting less food
- It has plenty of space to dehydrate food in batches with 6 shelves
- Dehydrating food locks in nutritional values and intensifies flavours
- There's some handy recipes included in the manual for tasty treats with fewer calories, like nutty cookies
This sophisticated piece of kitchen kit makes so much more than banana chips, you can put it to use on a whole host of foods. Great if you happen to be a fan of the raw food diet or if you're a slave to the snack.
This dehydrator is a force to be reckoned with, it's suitable for commercial and domestic use and it's a fraction of the price compared to other models out there. Using it couldn't be easier. Firstly, you'll need to prep your ingredients, then lay the slices out on the six shelves the dehydrator has to offer, they're nice and square for you to make the most out of the space. Set your time and temperature and let the machine do its thing. There's some timing tips and recipes included in the manual to get you started. This dehydrator offers a handy 48 hour timer, unlike others, this is great as some foods such as grapes can take up to 36 hours to dehydrate. And the temperature can be set between 35°-70°C to suit a variety of foods. If like me you can't resist taking a peak before the foods ready, you can easily do that with this dehydrator, the front is completely transparent and the door has a shutter design, so you can easily check up on specific trays without disturbing or dismantling the rest of the unit.
There are so many foods and recipes to try and test. Have a go at homemade jerky, not just a tasty snack for you but also a healthy alternative for your pet, that's all natural ingredients. Puree some fruit and create delicious fruit winders for the kids, with no added sugar. Dehydrate fruit and enjoy as is, whilst saving on the premium price tag the super market sells them at. Or save the dried fruit for later to rehydrate and create a compote, jam or pie filling. Get on the health band wagon and make up some healthy crisp alternatives such as kale and beetroot. You can even make your own candied peel, dried herbs and preserve seeds for a supply throughout the year.
When you've finished dehydrating your lunch box supplies or replenishing your cupboard store, the dehydrator is pretty simple to clean and tidy away. All the shelves simply slide out and just take a quick soak in soapy water, wipe any persistent sticky bits with a soft cloth, dry and slide back into the base unit. The base unit might have the odd drip or crumb at the bottom, but you can easily wipe this clean with a damp cloth.
- Dimensions: H31.5 x W34.5 x D45 cm
- Shelf size: W27.5 x D30.5 cm
- Timer: 0-48 hrs
- Temperature: 35°-75°C
- Shelves: 6
- Dehydrate fruit, veg, meat, herbs, seeds and more
- Create your own healthy snack alternatives
- Locks in foods nutritional values and intensifies flavours
- Pre-longs foods shelf life
- 6 Shelves, plenty of space to dehydrate in batches
- Square shelf design offers a larger capacity compared to standard round shelf designs
- Horizontal airflow for even drying on every tier
- Gentle, even heat draws away moisture without cooking
- Practical transparent shutter style door, easily monitor food
- Timings and recipes included in the manual
- Suitable for commercial and domestic use
- Unlike standard dehydrators there's no need to build or dismantle the unit
- Easy clean, slide out shelves, dishwasher safe (top dishwasher rack only)
- Voltage: 220-240 V
- Power: 420-500 W
- 1 Year warranty